Pray for the father of Africa: Nelson Mandela (Madiba)
- 1918 Born in the Eastern Cape
- 1944 Joined African National Congress
- 1956 Charged with high treason, but charges dropped
- 1962 Arrested, convicted of sabotage, sentenced to five years in prison
- 1964 Charged again, sentenced to life
- 1990 Freed from prison
- 1993 Won Nobel Peace Prize
- 1994 Elected first black president
- 1999 Stepped down as leader
King James Version (KJV)
12 And of Benjamin he said, The beloved of the Lord shall dwell in safety by him; and the Lord shall cover him all the day long, and he shall dwell between his shoulders.
- Give thanks for the continent of Africa, a beautiful land specially created by God and abundantly blessed.
- Bless the Lord for the peculiar people of Africa; they are wonderfully and fearfully created.
- Bless the Lord for the struggles of this continent; they are not for evil but for greater glory.
- Thank the Lord for the life of Nelson Mandela who fought relentlessly, alongside with others, to free South Africa from racial discrimination and oppression.
- Pray that as Madiba, the giant of Africa passes through the valley of the shadow of death, he will fear no evil.
- Pray that this greatly beloved of God will find repose in the everlasting arms of his Creator.
- Pray for the perfect will of God concerning Mandela. Only the will of God will be done as we struggle to believe that this maybe a call to eternity.
- With God, all things are possible, God can still turn our despair to hope!
- Do not weep for Mandela, celebrate his exemplary life.
- Pray for unity in his immediate family and amongst relatives, community, church and the nation.